1. Producers are required to send one entry either for product design or product collection.
2. All entries should maximize local labor using at least 50% Philippine-made materials and components.
3. All producers are required to produce their entries in commercial quantity. Furniture producers whose entries are sala sets, bedroom sets, etc.are allowed to accept orders (only of their entries).
4. The Bulawan Awards Committee will make a physical check-up of the entries and an inventory of additional products for sale before the judging proper. Producers who fail to produce their entries in commercial quantities will immediately be disqualified from the competition and will receive the corresponding sanctions for the “No Show” penalty.
5. All entries must have uniform tags (to be provided by the Secretariat) indicating: product description, retail price, materials used and special processes involved.
6. Exemption from participation will be considered on a case-to-case basis. Application for exemption has to be submitted to the Bulawan Awards Committee on or before schedule specified.
7. All entries must be submitted for Product Screening by the Bulawan Awards Committee together with the completed Product Information Sheet and photograph of the product entries. Products without said requirements will not be screened.
8. The Bulawan Awards Committee reserves the right to disqualify and remove from the display all entries which do not meet the requirements.
9. Judging procedure, number of winning entries, criteria for judging, participation fee and other rules governing the competition shall be determined by the Board of Directors upon the recommendation of the Bulawan Awards Committee.
10. The Association has the right to carry out changes whenever it is deemed necessary for the success of the Bulawan Awards.